PRESTIGE HOTELS & RESORTS, INC., the managing company of the Richmonde Hotels, and hereinafter referred to us “Richmonde Hotels”, “we”, “our”. “us”, is committed in respecting your right to privacy. When you interact with us, you may share Personal Data with us. Personal Data refers to information that identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us (e.g. your name, contact number, e-mail address, IP address, home address, among others). To ensure that your right to privacy is protected in the course of our dealings and when we process your Personal Data, we are committed to comply with the Philippines’ Data Privacy Act (“DPA”), its Implementing Rules and Regulations (“IRR”), and other relevant government regulations and issuances. This Privacy Notice outlines our data privacy principles and practices. We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice to understand how we collect, use and process your Personal Data.
By using our website or providing us your Personal Data, you will be treated as having given your permission for our collection, use and processing of your Personal Data, and you have accepted the policies and practices described in this Privacy Notice.
If you do not allow the collection, use and processing of your Personal Data, kindly refrain from using our website, and/or contact us for any privacy-related concerns.
We may modify this Privacy Notice at any time. To update yourself of any change in the processing of your Personal Data, please regularly review this Privacy Notice.
Why does Richmonde Hotels collect and process your Personal Data?
Richmonde Hotels collect only the Personal Data needed to effectively serve you and carry out its business operations. We may collect, use, and process your Personal Data for the following general purposes:
- to conduct due diligence prior to executing a contract, and to facilitate the fulfillment of the terms of the contract thereafter;
- to respond to your queries, complaints, and requests;
- to provide information about Richmonde Hotel’s services;
- to conduct research and analysis to improve customer experience;
- to maintain security; and
- to comply with legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements or obligations.
The use and processing of your Personal Data also depends on your transactions with us.
If you inquire about, or avails yourself of our services, we may collect, use, or process your Personal Data to:
- conduct appropriate credit investigation to assess the risk of transacting with you;
- prepare and execute the necessary contract to cover the transaction;
- update our records and keep your contact details and billing address up-to-date;
- communicate any advisories, changes, and other information relevant to your contract with us;
- process the products and services that you have availed from us;
- enhance customer experience through personalized service;
- address concerns or queries in relation to the accomplishment of Richmonde Hotels’ services;
- communicate our latest offerings, promotions and events that may be of interest to you;
- assess and evaluate our performance and improve on hotel policies and services through analyses of quantitative and qualitative data;
- comply with the law, rule or regulation and all legal orders and processes; and
- any other purpose/s relating to any of the above.
If you are a vendor/supplier, a potential vendor/supplier, or a contractor, we may collect, use, or process your Personal Data to:
- conduct the appropriate due diligence checks;
- evaluate your proposal, including your technical, financial, and operational capacity;
- assess the viability of your proposal and process your accreditation;
- communicate any decision on such proposal; and
- perform any other action as may be necessary to implement the terms and conditions of our contract.
If you want to join our workforce, we may collect, use, or process your Personal Data to:
- evaluate your suitability for employment and, with a written or expressed consent, retain your Personal Data for a maximum of five (5) years for future job opportunities that may be of interest to you;
- communicate with you about your employment application;
- when hired, process your Personal Data as may be necessary for purposes such as, but not limited to, payroll, benefits application, allowances and refunds processing, tax processing, retirement benefits, and other purposes that demand or require processing of his/her Personal Data (e.g., to execute business transactions directly related and/or incidental to his/her job, business travels, socials, and so on);
- while employed, evaluate your performance and career development;
- upon separation, process your Personal Data for the exit interview and to prepare your final pay;
- provide assistance to, and account for, employees in case of emergency; and
- perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required in the course of Richmonde Hotel’s business or under law or regulations.
If you are a Richmonde Hotel’s stockholder, we may use, collect, or process your Personal Data to:
- maintain and update your records with Richmonde Hotel;
- administer your stock transactions; and
- comply with legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements or obligations.
If you are a visitor of the Richmonde Hotels’ premises or any of our Hotels, we may use, collect, or process your Personal Data to:
- grant access to the premises and/or hotel property/ies; and
- maintain the security within our premises.
Your Data Privacy Rights
We recognize the importance of your rights as a Data Subject under the DPA, as follows:
- Right to be informed
- Right to object
- Right to access
- Right to correct
- Right to rectification, erasure or blocking
- Right to damages
- Right to data portability
- Transmissibility of rights
You are free to accept or object in the collection and processing of your personal information. In case of the latter, you may do so by not accepting the terms of our privacy consent form or you may also withdraw your consent to the hotel’s processing of your personal data or request us to delete your personal data from our records. However, if you seek to do so, please be informed that we may not be able to continue providing you with our services. To request this, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the email provided above.
You are free to withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing or whatever purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication material, which may include unsubscribing using the link provided in the email message sent to you, or sending an email to email@example.com with “UNSUBSCRIBE” as the subject line, and providing us with all necessary details to enable us to effectively remove you from our mailing list.
If you opt out of our direct marketing communications, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your reservation or loyalty membership, unless we are prohibited from doing so by applicable laws.
Personal Information Collection
Personal Information under the DPA refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding such information, or such information, when put together with other information, would directly and certainly identify an individual.
In the performance of our services, or as part of our transactions and dealings, we collect your personal information which may include, but not limited to, the following:
- your name, nationality, civil status, gender, age, birthdate, ID details, unique identifiers, email address, residence, office, and mailing address, phone numbers, visual recordings, stay dates, flight itinerary, room & food preferences, as part of our transactions and dealings with you;
- your resume, which includes personal details and your educational background and employment history, and income information and references, when you seek employment with us;
- your credit card and other payment information, when you avail of our products and services;
- your company information, performance, history, registrations, permits, financial statements, and capital, when we engage in business transactions or you partner with us;
- your browsing and social media behavior, when you browse into our website, download mobile applications and tag or mention us on your social media accounts; and
- any information you submit to our sales, account management, or customer relations agents for update of your records or information; in relation to your inquiries or requests; when you participate in our survey, discount, event information and prize promotion; when you refer a person to verify the information you provided to us; when you visit and connect to our websites and social media pages; or any other event or activity that may be similar or related to any of the foregoing.
When you provide information other than your own, you certify that you have obtained the consent and authority of the owner of such information (such as your parents, spouse, children, dependent, or any other person) to allow us to disclose and process such information.
Sharing of Personal Information
Richmonde Hotels will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties without your consent. We may however, share your Personal Data to the extent that is reasonable and necessary, to:
- Our employees or other Authorized Personnel handling your transactions, orders or requests.
- Banks, insurers or professional advisers in connection with due diligence and documentation of your transaction.
- Any third-party service provider performing financial, administrative, technical, marketing and other ancillary services.
- Government institution and other competent authorities which by law, rules or regulations require us to disclose your personal information.
- Any person or entity we contractually entered with and who ensures the confidentiality standard we implement and adheres to the DPA.
- Any person in order to carry out functions of public authority, and for collection and further processing pertaining to law enforcement, taxation or other regulatory function.
Personal Information Storage, Retention, Protection & Disposal
We retain your personal information:
- for the fulfillment of the declared, specified, and legitimate purpose, or to the extent necessary in keeping track of your transaction and records;
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- for legitimate business purposes, such as communicating and maintaining business relations, which must be consistent with standards followed by the industry; or
- for statistical, research, marketing and other purposes as
- in some specific cases, as prescribed by law to hold about the Data Subject.
Data collected will be retained only for a limited period in accordance with the retention limit set by our standards, industry standards, government and laws and regulations. Personal data shall not be retained in perpetuity in contemplation of a possible future use yet to be determined.
To maintain the integrity and confidentiality of your Personal Data, we put in place organizational, physical and technical security measures to protect your personal information, such as, but not limited to:
- Use of secured servers, firewalls, encryptions and other latest security tools.
- Limited access to personal information to those duly authorized processors. All transfers are made after complying with the established confidentiality policy and practices in place.
- Maintain a secured server operating environment by performing regular security patch update and server hardening.
- Implementing approved security measures to all personal information stored onsite.
- Limiting the access to stored personal information only to authorized and appropriate PHRI employees.
- Allowing outside transmission of information only to the effect that encryption is employed to personal data identified as sensitive.
Disposal of Personal Data
When Personal Data is no longer needed for the purpose/s for which it was collected, we shall dispose of such in a secure a manner that would prevent further processing, unauthorized access, or disclosure to other parties or the public. The manner of disposal shall be as follows:
- For printed or written documents containing personal data, it shall be disposed in such a way that it is unreadable;
- For personal data contained or stored in film, optical, magnetic or digital media, it shall be disposed in such a way that the personal data are irretrievable or obliterated from its memory or storage functions;
- For computer equipment, which contains personal data, such as disk servers, desktop computers and mobile phones the procedure shall include the use of degaussers, erasers, and physical destruction devices;
Disposal of personal data stored offsite shall comply with the foregoing. Richmonde Hotel may engage a service provider to carry out the disposal of personal data under its control or custody, subject to the condition that the service provider shall contractually agree to Richmonde Hotel’s data protection procedures and an undertaking that all personal data shared for disposal shall be subject to confidentiality.
Cookies and Related Technologies
A cookie is a small piece of file which originates from a website and is transferred to the user’s hard drive to record the user’s browsing activity. Cookies were designed to remember pieces of information that the user has entered in a certain website. Essentially, cookies help in making the browsing of our site easier by, among other things, saving your name, addresses, passwords and other preferences.
Most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies, but you have the option to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you choose not to accept cookies, you may experience some delay in browsing our website or it will not function properly or may be considerably slower.
Richmonde Hotels works with third parties to track your activity on our website, as well as to serve you with relevant advertisements from Richmonde Hotels and other advertisers on unrelated websites.
These advertising services use pixel tags (aka; web beacons), cookies and other tracking technologies to collect and store non-personal information about your visit to our website. Should you visit our website using your mobile device, an advertising service may also collect your device’s unique identifier, or location, and attempt to synchronize your mobile website visit with other website visits.
When a relevant advertisement is served to you on another website that uses data collected from this website, it’s referred to as an ‘Interest-Based’ Ad and the advertisement should include a blue ‘Adchoices’ icon in the upper-right hand corner. If you click on the Adchoices icon, you can learn more about the facilitating advertising service, and your opportunity to opt-out of Interest-Based ads from that service.
Please note that by opting out, you will continue to see ads, but they may not be as relevant based on your travel interests.
We also use Google Analytics to evaluate how visitors interact with the content on our websites. However, if you do not wish to have the details on your visits to our website collected, you may opt-out by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Renewal of Policy
Data Privacy Officer
Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
21 San Miguel Avenue,
Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Data Protection Officer