The Richmonde Hotels and its employees and agents or representatives, herein represented by its managing company, PRESTIGE HOTELS & RESORTS, INC., and collectively referred to in this document as “Richmonde”, “hotel”, “we”, “us” or “our”, are committed to protecting all personal information provided to us by our guests, clients, and website visitors. Through our strict compliance with Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of the Philippines (DPA), we guarantee that all personal information collected by Richmonde remain secure.
Data Subject Rights
We recognize the importance of your rights as a Data Subject under the DPA, as follows:
1. Right to be informed
2. Right to object
3. Right to access
4. Right to correct
5. Right to rectification, erasure or blocking
6. Right to damages
7. Right to data portability
8. Transmissibility of rights
Personal Information Collection
Personal Information under the DPA refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding such information, or such information, when put together with other information, would directly and certainly identify an individual.
In the performance of our services, or as part of our transactions and dealings, we collect your personal information which may include, but not limited to, the following:
1. Your name, nationality, civil status, gender, age, birthdate, ID details, unique identifiers, email address, residence, office, and mailing address, phone numbers, visual recordings, stay dates, flight itinerary, room & food preferences, and other information, as part of our transactions and dealings with you.
2. Your resume, which includes personal details and your educational background and employment history, and income information and references, when you seek employment with us.
3. Your credit card and other payment information, when you avail of our products and services.
4. Your company information, performance, history, registrations, permits, financial statements, and capital, when we engage in business transactions or you partner with us.
5. Your browsing and social media behavior, when you browse into our website, download mobile applications and tag or mention us on your social media accounts.
6. Any information you submit to our sales, account management, or customer relations agents for update of your records or information; in relation to your inquiries or requests; when you participate in our survey, discount, event information and prize promotion; when you refer a person to verify the information you provided to us; when you visit and connect to our websites and social media pages; or any other event or activity that may be similar or related to any of the foregoing.
When you provide information other than your own, you certify that you have obtained the consent and authority of the owner of such information (such as your parents, spouse, children, dependent, or any other person) to allow us to disclose and process such information.
Use and Sharing of Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
1. Process the products and services that you have availed from us.
2. Enhance customer experience through personalized service.
3. Address concerns or queries in relation to the accomplishment of hotel services.
4. Communicate our latest offerings, promotions and events that may be of interest to you.
5. Assess and evaluate our performance and improve on hotel policies and services through analyses of quantitative and qualitative data.
6. Comply with the law, rule or regulation and all legal orders and processes.
7. Perform and conduct due diligence for, and documentation of, our transaction.
8. Any other purpose relating to any of the above.
We share your personal information, to the extent that is reasonable and necessary, to:
1. Our employees or other personnel handling your transactions, orders or requests.
2. Banks, insurers or professional advisers in connection with due diligence and documentation of your transaction.
3. Any third-party service provider performing financial, administrative, technical, marketing and other ancillary services.
4. Government institution and other competent authorities which by law, rules or regulations require us to disclose your personal information.
5. Any person or entity we contractually entered with and who ensures the confidentiality standard we implement and adheres to the DPA.
6. Any person in order to carry out functions of public authority, and for collection and further processing pertaining to law enforcement, taxation or other regulatory function.
Personal Information Retention and Protection
We retain your personal information:
1. To the extent necessary in keeping track of your transaction and records.
2. As may be agreed upon by the parties to a contract.
3. For statistical, research and other purpose specifically authorized by law.
Data collected will be retained in accordance with retention limit set by our standards, industry standards and laws and regulations, unless you request your data to be deleted in our database.
To maintain the integrity and confidentiality of your personal information, we put in place organizational, physical and technical security measures to protect your personal information, such as:
1. Use of secured servers, firewalls, encryptions and other latest security tools.
2. Limited access to personal information to those duly authorized processors. All transfers are made after complying with the established confidentiality policy and practices in place.
3. Maintain a secured server operating environment by performing regular security patch update and server hardening.
Cookies and Related Technologies
A cookie is a small piece of file which originates from a website and is transferred to the user’s hard drive to record the user’s browsing activity. Cookies were designed to remember pieces of information that the user has entered in a certain website. Essentially, cookies help in making the browsing of our site easier by, among other things, saving your name, addresses, passwords and other preferences.
Most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies, but you have the option to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you choose not to accept cookies, you may experience some delay in browsing our website or it will not function properly or may be considerably slower.
Richmonde works with third parties to track your activity on our website, as well as to serve you with relevant advertisements from Richmonde and other advertisers on unrelated websites.
These advertising services use pixel tags (aka; web beacons), cookies and other tracking technologies to collect and store non-personal information about your visit to our website. Should you visit our website using your mobile device, an advertising service may also collect your device’s unique identifier, or location, and attempt to synchronize your mobile website visit with other website visits.
Please note that by opting out, you will continue to see ads, but they may not be as relevant based on your travel interests.
Renewal of Policy
Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
21 San Miguel Avenue,
Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Data Protection Officer